Tuesday, November 25, 2008

xxoo Snow!

Love the snow! it mostly melted last night but it was very pretty. It makes me remember our ski trips....I love the pictures nikole, and karaoka...(we really need to learn how to spell that) sounds like so much fun! I got your postcard just before they harshly locked the dorms for break. And I'm curious too: did you sing in Swedish/Finnish? Sorry about the break-up El; that it was messy. But you are taking a Chinese woman home with you for break? Awesome! Thanks for following soccer. You and my dad can watch the live stats on line together next season : ) I know we play co-ed indoor a couple times a week through the winter, and individually need to stay in shape. not sure when that starts though, or the specifics. In the spring we practice with Coach and go to a couple tournaments just to stay in game-mode. Before break a few of us had dinner at one of our goalie's houses. She played us some guitar after dinner, and sang a couple of songs she wrote. It made me really miss singing and playing music...definitely will pick that up more now that there's less soccer. Though we lost sunday, we played pretty well. Williams is the #1 ranked in the country, I think. They didn't have more talent than us or anything straight-forward like that, they just played as a team better: connected, moved off the ball...better than we did. Bummer, but what can you do? There were some really close-calls the first 20 min. or so of the game, and we were lucky it wasn't 4 or 5 to 0, though we had some good opportunities second half. It was frigid and snowy on saturday, and the field was like an ice-rink for that game, everyone was slipping everywhere because the ground was so frozen. We moved to a different field on Sunday. (p.s. did I tell you that Coach Quigg is lesbian and has a partner that comes to some of our games? Just realized you might not know that).
I'm at my cousin's right now, and we're leaving today around 3 or so. They are going to Illinois, and Dad is going to pick me up (at the Hampton Inn where we're staying tonight) on wed morning. I think Drew will be coming too (my cousin; he's been hunting at your dad's camp, Nikole -- and hanging out with ryan and eric.) I'll be home until friday, when my mom and caitlin, maybe leezanne, and I are going to IL to see my grandpa Pete and my grandparents Nisbet, and I'll head back with Mark and Stephanie to Ithaca on Sat or Sun. That's my break.
I'm sorry this is so long, but just a couple more things: They have a "Little" for me for Big Bros. Big Sis! Her name is Tanisha and she is 11. BBBS will call me this week sometime with more info. Also; Peace corps is usually 27 months with three of those as training. Some people do take extensions; You work on all sorts of projects, sometimes related to your field, sometimes not. Like the guy at the info session was a history major, and helped breed pigs, set up bee hives, and build a bridge. But, some people do use those two years to complete grad school, and they'll often defer or reduce student loans as well. they have a website if you want to check it out. some people have been as young as 18 and as old as 80, some people serve as a couple. Health, education, and agriculture are the main fields they help in. Definitely check it out!
I'm going to end this novel now. Love you two. I know what I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment