Shannon!! Playoffs are so exciting! Congratulations on going to the sectional semis! It just says the 21 or 22... which day is it? Can I watch it anywhere? So cool... and so is the Peace Corps! Do you know what you'd be doing? Like, could you use your major to help, or would you build houses and things? And I am very jealous of the cookies... :) We were so darn cute when we were girl scouts... remember when we put on some play with a genie and a prince and Jenny Pruit got mad at Kayt and it all got way out of hand? 'Cause I do... and Nikole remembers Girl Scout camp! Ahahahaha! Good times. And singing karaoke on a Finnish boat sounds wonderful. Was it in English, or can you sing in Swedish/Finnish now?
There isn't much news here... I went to a talk by a woman whose transgendered daughter was murdered. She wasn't that great of a speaker, but the message was very good. Gwen was killed when she was only 17, because some guys decided she was "really" a man, and should act like it. So sad... but it brought a lot of attention to the issue of hate crimes against transgendered people, so something good came out of it.
I also went through a nice messy breakup with Adam, so Elenora is now single! Hooray... I'm not happy it's over, but... *sigh*... I guess it was time.
And here are some funny things!

Dear Ellie
ReplyDeleteSorry about the breakup, but it is a common experience at your age and one to learn from.
I got a big honk out of your examples of cross culture advertising. You must find the idiom an entertaining trial in your cultural exchange. I look forward to our meeting with your guests this Thanksgiving.
Hugs from Pops
Hey Pops! I watched the Japanese guy... amazing! There were a bunch of others too, not as cool as the thing on the bus, though. And I got all the pictures off that website, you should check it out. See you soon!
ReplyDelete