Friday, February 6, 2009

Egg Fu Yung...

...is delicious!!  I got some for lunch today because I didn't think I'd be able to get into the caf because last night at about 9:30 the roof of our caf turned into a waterfall.  They think a water pipe burst or something, and the whole place got flooded.   There was a LOT of water!  And they put up an oh-so-helpful "caution wet floor" sign in the middle of the huge puddle, which was funny.  Unfortunately, they also decided to set off the fire alarms, so we had those going for about two hours.  Anyway, I didn't think the caf would be open for a while, but I guess it was today.  Oh, well.  I got egg fu yung!  And Jimmy Johns' 50 cent bread.  If I was homeless, that's what I'd eat.  

I went to the MSU Gospel Choir the other day, because I'm researching them for my ethnomusicology class.  They are crazy, crazy good!  And they let me sing with them, although I was actually more focused on swaying right and trying to clap on beat than singing.  The director is amazing!  There is absolutely no sheet music, ever.  He just has it all in his head, and everyone just remembers their part once he sings it for them.  And all the songs are improv, so he'll be like, "say be encouraged" and the choir will sing "be encouraged", and so on, and he seems to be just making up the order as he goes along.  And the band seems to know exactly what they need to do, no matter what the director's doing.  And they're amazing.  And I love it.  

The not-date was, in fact, a not-date.  :( ... or :)?  I don't know.  I went to his apartment and he made me chinese food, which was delicious, but I also had to play Snow White and clean the kitchen because it was disgusting!  But it was fun.  And then his friend showed up, and we all went to play ping-pong and talk and watch Jet Li movies at my dorm.  So it wasn't really a date.  But it was still really fun.  His friend is very funny.

Shan:  Our spring break is the same as yours!! We should do something... dunno what... Florida? :)
Nikole:  You jumped a little over 15 ft!  :) 

Love you guys.  Lots and lots and lots.

No comments:

Post a Comment