Monday, February 2, 2009

News from Lake Cayuga

Hi, Nothing too new since I talked to you guys last...just that I got the BATON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't looked through it all yet (there is a lot of stuff in here!) but it did get to see the theatre magnet and the vodka/wine and cheese brocures. And Jackie if you are reading this, I loved your letter :)
I just got back from bible study where we read the book of Ester (or summerized + read a few chapters). Very good book. We are also learning about a different kind of Ester in Chemistry, so you see, the world goes around and I'm beginning to see a lot of connections between words. Like "allosteric inhibition" (has to do with enzymes) and "alla breve" (a music notation), and "Allopolyploids" (dealing with genes)... they all start with "all" if you didn't catch that. Challenge for the day: see how many words you can connect! This shouldn't be too hard with Swedish and Chinese in the mix.
I'm very happy that the party went well Nikole. And long jump too, although I'll be honest and say I haven't done the conversion; it sounds far though :) How did the date, or not-date, go Elenor? Any new concerts/shows for visiting? Beauty and the Beast? And when is your spring break el? (mine is the week of March 9th). Do you have any breaks coming up, Nikole? Spring festivals?
Miss you all tons, xoxo Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment