Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hello, darlings

 Hey guys, sorry I haven't been keeping up.  Yay Ithaca soccer! I wish i could come to a game... And Nikoleson, I got your letter, details are coming soon. :)  I'm going to the Song & Dance Ensemble of West Africa tonight--so excited!! I've been looking forward to it for so long! I also went to a Native American powwow and a Buddhist temple this weekend.  Shan, I think you'd like the temple.  There are three monks living there, and everyone is very peaceful and friendly.  There are lots of woods around it, with hiking trails and labyrinths and such.  The monks have really interesting things to say about Buddhism and other religions... it makes all the conflict about religion seem very silly.  And we should all go to a powwow sometime!  They're so much fun!  The dancing is very easy to pick up and the music is really good, all drums and singing and energy.  And they have amazing jewelry and clothing and art for sale, too.  

I sent the baton to Jackie on Monday, so it should be starting around again soon.

I love you both.

No comments:

Post a Comment