Friday, October 10, 2008

Newsage

Hey everybody! Shan, BBBS sounds fantastic! You should definitely keep us posted on that...

Here is State news:

 Nobody has been raped.  However, some girl was assaulted by a guy with a pocketknife.  He ran away when other people walked by, though.  No harm done. :)

 I've been going to International Coffee Hour pretty regularly.  I always meet really cool people from Iran or something.  Or China.  There are so many Chinese students! It's ridiculous, but fun.  I can creep along behind them and try to understand what they're saying. 

 I went to a comedian with my Uncle Matt yesterday evening.  He was pretty good, but talked a little too much about his penis.  The comedian, not my uncle.

 If you guys ever get the chance, you should see The Bible Tells Me So.  It's a documentary on the relationship between the church and the not-straight community and what the Bible actually says about homosexuality.  Very interesting, but kind of sad.

 Did you know that many Native American societies had three genders?  Male, female, and nadle.  Anyone who didn't feel that they were male or female would declare themselves nadle, and they were often very respected leaders and such.  And other societies didn't have three genders, but if, say, a woman was a lesbian, she would go hang out with the men and do everything they did and would be treated like a man.  And it was the other way around for gay men.  I thought it was pretty cool... and we say they were "primitive." Pfft. Their societies were more understanding and civilized than ours.

 So thats about it for now. Love you guys, hope to hear news soon. 

1 comment: